ECS is seeking a candidate who can provide support in cost control for a portfolio of multiple projects. The project controller is responsible for overseeing the financial health of the project by analyzing costs, revenue, risks, and pricing for the organization. Maintains budget tracking tools, issue invoices and billings, manages fee structures, and forecast potential gains and losses in pursuing future work. Performs other analyses and duties as assigned. Ensures policies and procedures are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements. Establishes and maintains internal controls to support the financial infrastructure. Presents financial reporting and potential risk areas to senior management. Cost reporting and allocation.
- Perform business analysis and programmatic activities for a program. Entails development and negotiation of budgets, variance analysis, evaluation and report of actuals, estimate to complete (ETC) and estimate at completion (EAC).
- Collecting and analyzing financial and other data, including budget, revenue, expenditure, and employment reports
- Preparing and maintaining project documentation such as: Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and Employee and Contractor Work Authorizations
- Assisting the Program Manager with written and oral status reports on schedule, budget, and performance
- Developing and maintaining specifications for contract/project setup and reporting in CostPoint accounting system
- Manpower forecasting.
- Developing ad-hoc cost reporting and other performance analysis
- Analyzing contractor financial performance data for trends or anomalies, investigate cause and recommend corrective actions.
- Work in Coordination with SVP of Finance, SVP of Operations, Program Managers and Business Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance related field
- 5 years’ experience in Program Finance
- Preferred 2 years’ experience in Government Contracting
- Experience in cost accounting
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Project.
- Strong knowledge of ERP software, example CostPoint, Oracle, SAP
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective teaming and interpersonal skillsPreferred:
- Experience in Earned Value Management
- Direct experience in CostPoint Accounting System
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in project pricing
- Problem solving abilities