Design and develop back-end simulation systems for integration in a 3D virtual environment. Participate in all phases of the system design life cycle cooperating with software engineers, subject matter experts, and instructional designers. This job requires strong logical problem solving abilities and significant debugging of complex state machines inside of the 3D virtual environment. This position requires a strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, work environment. This position typically works as a member of an Agile development team. This position is onsite at a client in South Orlando.
- Adhere to simulation software team’s established processes and tools
- Develop design documentation
- Provide feedback during design and peer model reviews
- Participate in sprint planning and estimating
- Implement and document assigned simulation capabilities
- Implement and document unit tests for assigned software capabilities
- Contribute ideas for process improvement, including modeling practices, standards and tools
- Show commitment to company values, ethics, safety, security, labor charging, and quality
- Engage in continuous self-improvement of technical and communication skills
- Works under limited supervision and direction, and can train and mentor others
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technical discipline
5-10 years of work experience designing simulations.
Strong logical computing skills, problem-solving skills, and experience with complex state machines.
At least 3 years of experience with simulation systems design using MATLAB and Simulink is desired.
Software programming experience with C++ in Visual Studio is a plus.
Experience with XML is necessary.
Experience with software source control and configuration management processes is required.
Experience with software engineering processes and process improvement is required.
Flexibility to adapt to quickly changing circumstances and work priorities is a plus.
Experience with Agile development is desired.
Knowledge of software development using Unreal Engine is also a plus.
Must have active security clearance.