We are currently seeking a Web Developer for Cubic Simulation Systems to perform complex software engineering assignments. The incumbent to this position will work closely with other engineering disciplines. Duties require application of engineering principles and techniques. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
- Strong experience using HTML5 and HTML5 Canvas
- Strong C++ programing skills
- Develops design concepts for software work products.
- Understands and works with peripheral elements of assigned software work products (run time environments, databases, networks).
- Develops software requirements, related design, and code.
- Performs software testing.
- Applies and maintains quality standards.
- Assesses severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, and performs fault isolation and implements solutions.
- Revises and updates programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules and milestones.
- Maintains the host environment and toolsets required to implement software deliverables.
- Assists in specification preparation and the assessment of products.
- Assists in the writing of reports, manuals and procedures.
- Keeps abreast of improvements in programming techniques.
- Recommends value added changes to existing coding practices, standards and tools.
- Four-year college degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related technical discipline, plus two years of related experience, or a Master of Science degree.
- Desired experience in designing, developing and troubleshooting software programming.
- Requires proficiency using programming languages such as C++.
- Ability to use PC software such as word processing, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
- Effective written and oral communication skills required.
- Able to analyze and solve complex software engineering problems.
- Able to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadline and budget guidelines.