Games for Training Operator will be the primary operator for the VBS3 first person, multiplayer gaming application and gaming system that enables collective training at the squad level and above; responsible for setting up, operating and performing routine operator level maintenance on the system to ensure availability for scheduled training; assists Games for Training (GFT) Instructor to gather observations based on unit actions during training and provide input to unit AARs.
- Use Army GFT to conduct collective training
- Proficient in running any system in the facility without supervision, as well as developing training scenarios and products that meet the unit requirements and Commanders’ training intent
- Coach Soldiers on the use of gaming hardware for training and assist the customers on achieving their goals
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and correct system issues as they arise
- Maintain a common database of add-ons that allows speedy integration of multiple systems into a single simulation when required by unit training events
- Support other training requirements within the Mission Training Center team as needed
- Assist in preparation and execution of After Action Reviews (AARs) for supported training events