ECS is seeking a skilled Senior Software Engineer and experienced technical leader to develop advanced learning technology solutions such as Serious Games, Virtual Worlds, Web Based Learning, and Mobile Apps. The ideal candidate will convert requirements into great interactive software. ECS wants not just a great technical architect but a leader that can mentor and professionally grow engineers on their team. This position coordinates closely with the Development Director and Quality Assurance Lead to execute vision and enforcing good process standards. This is a full-time position based out of the Orlando headquarters.
- Analyzes functional requirements in order to develop software requirements, related design, and code.
- Leads and contributes to the analysis, design, development, test, modification and integration of software
- Performs software testing (unit tests, peer code reviews, etc.)
- Applies and maintains quality standards
- Assesses severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, and performs fault isolation and implements solutions
- Revises and updates programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules and milestones
- Maintains the host environment and toolsets required to implement software deliverables
- Assists in specification preparation and assesses products for integration
- Assists in the writing of technical documentation including reports, manuals, and procedures
- Keeps abreast of industry standards, best practices, tools, and other improvements in programming techniques
- Engages in continuous self-improvement of technical skills
- Identifies and recommends value-added changes to existing coding practices, standards, and processes
- Shows commitment to company values