ECS CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Join the ECS Family
Thank you for your interest in a career at Engineering & Computer Simulations. We currently have an immediate need for the following position(s) and location(s).
If your position is not currently listed, please continue to check this section of our website for updates. We are always looking for qualified people to add to our team, and when new positions open, we will post them here.
Again, thank you for your interest in ECS!
ECS is seeking a skilled Senior Software Engineer and experienced technical leader to develop advanced learning technology solutions such as Serious Games, Virtual Worlds, Web Based Courses, and Mobile Apps. The ideal candidate will convert requirements into great interactive software. ECS wants not just a great technical architect but a leader that can mentor and professionally grow engineers on their team. This position coordinates closely with the Development Director and Quality Assurance Lead to execute vision and enforcing good process standards. Must be a highly motivated individual with initiative and a level-headed temperament. This is a full-time position.
- U.S. Citizen and able to apply for a Security Clearance if so required
- Analyzes functional requirements in order to develop software requirements, related design, and code.
- Leads and contributes to the analysis, design, development, test, modification and integration of software
- Performs software testing (unit tests, peer code reviews, etc.)
- Applies and maintains quality standards
- Assesses severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, and performs fault isolation and implements solutions.
- Revises and updates programs and documentation, including reviewing schedules and milestones
- Maintains the host environment and toolsets required to implement software deliverables
- Assists in specification preparation and assesses products for integration
- Assists in the writing of reports, manuals, and procedures
- Keeps abreast of industry standards, best practices, and other improvements in programming techniques
- Engages in continuous self-improvement of technical skills and toolsets
- Identifies and recommends value-added changes to existing coding practices, standards and tools
- Shows commitment to company values, processes, and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent experience
- 5 – 10 years of professional experience programming in a team environment
- Ability to program in a variety of computer languages: C# .NET, C++, Java
- Familiarity with web development and deployment technologies
- Experience with current and next-gen development practices using Unity or other similar game engines
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Common Access Card or DOD Security Clearance (if required)
- Proficiency with Task and Issue tracking software such as Jira
- Proficiency with Revision Control Software such as SVN
- Familiarity working with SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, xAPI LMS, LRS
- Programming experience with a full web stack such as PHP, MySQL, Tomcat, Linux, Apache, Ruby
- Programming experience developing applications for Android and iOS (Objective-C, Swift)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, keen attention to detail, strong organizational skills, computer proficiency, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines consistently
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
ECS is seeking an Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to join a dynamic, high performing team producing custom training solutions. We need an ISD with practical experience with the design, development and implementation of high-level Interactive Multimedia Instruction (IMI) for distance learning instructional deliveries to include Serious Games, mobile learning, and scenario-based virtual training environments for multiple adult learning audiences. This position authors or compiles necessary storyboards for each course module, ensures that the learning objectives are defined and met, and contributes to the testing or evaluation of the end product. This position works directly with Task Leads, Developers, and Project Managers throughout the product lifecycle. This position falls under the supervision of the Development Director.
- U.S. Citizen and able to apply for a Security Clearance if so required
- Designs learning content throughout its lifecycle to include: analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation
- Contributes to authoring and editing technical writing for use in Design Documents, User Guides, Instructor Guides, Curriculum Materials, and other documentation related to games and software-based training
- Interacts effectively with military, industry, and academic partners to compile requirements, learning objectives, and technical information necessary for producing effective training solutions
- Must be capable of multitasking, working within deadlines, and smoothly transition between various projects
- Must be capable of providing accurate task completion estimates
- 5 years’ experience performing instructional design, adult education, or similar program
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience designing and developing curriculum for adult learners
- Must have experience in applying instructional design best practices to immersive training solutions including Serious Games, IMI Level IV courses, Simulations, or similarly complex training systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Captivate and/or Articulate Storyline
- Must have excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work with Programmers, Graphic Artists, and Subject Matter Experts
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a deadline-oriented team production environment
- Familiarity working with Section 508 Compliance
- Familiarity working with SCORM (including versions 1.2 , 2004, Tin Can, and xAPI)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Dreamweaver, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Familiarity working with Learning Management Systems (LMS) (including Ilias, Blackboard, AtlasPro, etc.)
- Military and/or Aviation Experience
- Post-secondary degree (BA, BS) or equivalent experience/certification in Instructional Design & Technology, Instructional Technology, Curriculum, and Instruction or Educational Psychology or related field(s)
- Perform business analysis and programmatic activities for a program. Entails development and negotiation of budgets, variance analysis, evaluation and report of actuals, estimate to complete (ETC) and estimate at completion (EAC).
- Provide electronic systems resources to the Business Management Team.
- Job also entails preparing reports for management and coordination with program management. Generation of labor and ODC estimates for proposals.
- Develop and track budgets.
- Manpower forecasting.
- Work in Coordination with Controller, Program Managers and Business Development.
- Job Code maintenance in ERP and Travel Systems
- Contract maintenance in ERP system
Skills, Experience and education
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5 years’ experience in finance
- 2 years’ experience in Government Contracting
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Project.
- Strong knowledge of ERP software, example Costpoint, Oracle, SAP
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective teaming and interpersonal skills